Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Hubcap Lady

The Lady was actually built in 1983 by the owner of what was then a metal working company. He wanted to make a statue that honored women and their virtue and strength. He commissioned an 18-year old girl to design them, and she along with the women that worked at the metal company, spent time after work building it over the course of a year. The scales actually mean that "love outweighs everything else," according to the article. Very beautiful and moving works of art!!
The Poem reads,"I am your mother yet I am a woman standing in to the 'Winds of Change.' Expected to be better than good....The Winds force me to change yet I do not want to be anymore than I am. A woman - your mother Take my hand. We will stand togeter into the 'Winds of Change" --The Lady

We're not just another hubcap shop, we see the art in the industry...what's your dream?
Hubcapzone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love feedback..talk to us